Copyright April M Rimpo

Visit April's website www.amrart.org
Copyright April M Rimpo All Rights Reserved. You may share my work with attribution and a link to this source site, but all other uses are prohibited.

Thursday, February 6, 2014

"Icicles", 26.5" X18" fluid acrylic and watercolor.


Icicles by April M Rimpo
Yesterday the Mid-Atlantic region what glazed with ice.  Lots of people shared their photos of beautiful chrystaline scenes.  This storm reminded me of another we had a few years ago that had resulted in my painting, Icicles.

I've loved icicles as a child in New England when they grew from the gutters into long swords. Here in Maryland the icicles create amazing fringe on the plants and trees.  The ice encapsulate berries and seed pods.  Trees bend like they are bowing to Mother Nature.

Creating the delicate pale pastels of the ice while achieving the bold and varied colors of the leave led me to use a combination of watercolor and fluid acrylic.  Combining these two media let me use their strengths to capture this icy scene.

Below are photographs that show a few of the steps along the way.



Icicles
watercolor & acrylic on paper, matted and framed 35.5" x 27"
$1000 shipped within US






No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing from you. - April

Most Popular Posts This Month

Most Popular Posts of All Time