Copyright April M Rimpo

Visit April's website www.amrart.org
Copyright April M Rimpo All Rights Reserved. You may share my work with attribution and a link to this source site, but all other uses are prohibited.

Saturday, March 16, 2013

"Vineyard Life" 10.25" X 23.25" watercolor

Vineyard Life by April M. Rimpo
Vineyard Life
10.25" X 23.25" image
15" X 28" brushed silver frame
$700

My goal in “Vineyard Life” is to portray everyday life on the vineyard. My use of very soft edges around the top and sides of the painting add depth and a little mystery to the scene.  The trees have texture but are toned more in the golden, burnt orange, and blue-gray direction rather than the brilliant greens I saw in the summer in Provence.  The vineyard itself has the lightest golden greens leading your eye up to the left toward the children in the field and the woman by the flower cart.  A dark vertical from the left side also leads to the flower cart and over to the houses.  The tiled roofs, although muted by the sun, still call out for attention among the valley of green.  Of course the wonderful pastel colors on the shadowed side of the house keep me wanting more.  Every time I look at this painting I am carried back to a good time. I hope you find this piece mesmerizing and it provides a bit of peace in your busy lives.  

Does it remind you of a favorite place?  I’d love to hear your stories.

For other landscapes by April follow these links.
To see prints of April's paintings check her store.If you want a print of a painting that you don't see in the store ask me; I don't have all prints on display.

Copyright April M Rimpo All Rights Reserved. You may share my work with attribution and a link to this source site, but all other uses are prohibited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing from you. - April

Most Popular Posts This Month

Most Popular Posts of All Time